Getting Back Your Personalized Environment
- Disable the “Steam Lock” in SynthesisVR
- Put on the HMD and go to the Settings tab
- Go to “Customizations” and change the background to one from the list (doesn’t matter which one)
- Click the Refresh button or restart SynthesisVR
Long fix (if the quick one does not help):
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\backgrounds
- Rename the aurorasky.png file to aurorasky.png.bak (in case you need the original again).
- Copy the transition_background.png (again, in case you need the original again).
- Rename the copied file to aurorasky.png
- Exit SteamVR and let it restart.
- In the SynthesisVR Access Point App, check the “Disable Steam Lock”.
- Go into VR and choose the “Settings” icon from the SteamVR menu.
- Select Customize on the top left.
- You should be in the “background” section already (select on the left), choose any of the backgrounds (select on the right). Wait a few seconds and your SynthesisVR background should refresh automatically. If not, end the SynthesisVR task and let it restart.