Steam Environment Branding
Important – this guide should be used only by companies looking to adjust the environment on their own. In the regular case, mail you logo to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you.
- Download the default environment archives for the part of the environment you want to customize:
- Extract the ZIP file(s)
- Change the name of the extracted directory to match your brand. As example, if the name of the extracted directory is controller_svr and your location is named ARCADE, rename the directory to controller_arcade
- Download the default image file for the needed element:
- Open the default image file with Optionally, you can use the free option of Paint.NET + the photoshop plugin.
- Open the PSD file and add your
- Save the PSD file as PNG. Do that under the extracted directory from the ZIP
- Right click on the updated folder and create a new ZIP file. Instead of using external tools, please use the one built into Windows. This would ensure the file can be properly read by SynthesisVR. Follow the image below:
- Upload the newly created ZIP file(s) online, in a way they can be accessed If the zip file is controller_arcade.zip and your domain is awesomevrarcade.com, you can aim to have the file accessible under:
- At this point you are done with the branding. Go to “Administration >> Customizations >> Branding and Voice Prompts” under your SynthesisVR account
- Do the following changes:
- Controller zip file url =http://awesomevrarcade.com/branding/controller_arcade.zip
- Controller main object path =controller_arcade/vr_controller_vive_1_5.obj
Use the same logic to adjust the “Room” and “Basestation” settings.
Note 1: make sure you are setting both – the URL and the object path
Note 2: for each of the branding elements, you can leave both fields (url + path) empty. In that case, SynthesisVR wouldn’t be trying to change them and you can use the Steam settings to setup the specific elements.