Access Point 3.18.X – Release Notes
Version 3.18.4 – 4th March, 2021:
- Multiple “Engine” optimizations related to starting multiplayer games on only some of the session stations.
- Collecting data about the installed DirectX and Windows versions, so we can better suggest third-party software and required related updates.
- In order to better suggest game’s game requirements, we now collect data about the system’s RAM and CPU
- SteamVR 3.16.8 is added for installation through the Access Point. This takes off the need of having a Steam account for stations running only CDN content.
- Overall improvements
Version 3.18.3 – 22th February, 2021:
- The “game” variable is added to the Engine. This way the countdown timer can be set to visualize the game. Example setting:
- Leaderboard support for Propagation: Top Squad
- Support for “SynthesisVR Leaderboard v2021.1”
- Overall improvements
Version 3.18.2 – 11th February, 2021:
- The old 2D (called “V3”) hasn’t been updated for over a year and is now officially retired from the platform. It served us well but is now removed in favor of the more superior and functionality-rich V4 (now permanent for everyone).
- Improved per-game segmentation within the same running session.
Version 3.18.1 – 4th February, 2021:
- Access Point – Live data to the “Your Arcade” page, pushing information about the current game
- Web Administration – Displaying the current game under both, the Standard and Timeline views. Clicking on the game image provide options to stop the current game for one or multiple stations from the current session
- Proxy – support for the above functionalities
- Option to assign the individual player names at the session start. The name is populated automatically for the games supporting name provisioning. It, as well, is synchronized with the Access Point’s countdown timer and the Leaderboard data.
- Minor adjustments to the Standalone game server module
Version 3.18.0 – 25th January, 2021:
- Improvements to the multiplayer’s network negotiation process – making it much more robust to various network and station conditions.
- The Proxy will notify all other stations if one of them suddenly disconnection from a multiplayer session
- A multiplayer network session can be initialized through the 2D launcher
- Stability improvements
- Additional functionalities needed for yet unreleased games
- Improvements to the Voice Chat application – it now auto-detects and restart the call upon certain issue cases